This post is a continuation of this conversation.
Some definitions of sexism:
- Discrimination based on sex, especially discrimination against women.
- Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on sex.
- The belief that people of one sex are inherently superior to people of the other sex.
- Disadvantage or unequal opportunity arising from the cultural dominance of one sex over the other.
- Promotion or expectation or assumption of people to behave in accordance with a gender role.
There is a long history of discrimination against women as a result of our lower status in patriarchy; this has been documented and fought against by feminists for more than a hundred years. Men have invented reasons to discriminate against women based on our reproductive sex. Because we are the sex that can give birth to children, men have traditionally believed that women are necessarily and universally nurturing and emotional…
View original post 2,161 more words